My sister and I made another video. This time it’s a mash-up of 12 of our favorite K-pop songs.
We’ve all watched K-pop music videos. Arguably the videos are one of the best parts about K-pop. For almost every top hit, there is a music video to go alongside. A K-pop song and its music video are practically inseparable. The best songs come with an iconic dance. Any true K-pop fan can instantly recognize a song by only a simple gesture, trademark clothing and/or a catch phrase. It’s all part of the magic of K-pop.
This video is our interpretation of some of our favorite songs. Each clip lasts about 15- 18 seconds and we focused in on the chorus or another highly familiar part from the song. Part of the awesomeness of true K-pop videos is the extravagant sets and fabulous costumes. Keep in mind; this video was done on a very low budget. We tried our best! It really is amazing of all the random things we had lurking in our house. It’s almost as if creating the video was meant to be.
My 12 favorite parts from our version:
1. Finally nailing the 2pm dance for A.D.T.O.Y. The hip thrust thing was tough!
2. Realizing that we had the perfect pink wig to go along with Miss A’s Good Girl Bad Girl.
3. Recreating ZE:A’s Mazeltov in true Jewish Style. The best part was that the items we used were only a fraction of the Jewish related items in our house.
4. Finding out that hair chalk is an AMAZING thing. Sadly we only found out while we were filming the last two clips. So many missed opportunities!
5. Showering in confetti for G-Dragon’s Crayon. While fun, the confetti did get EVERYWHERE.
6. Experimenting with crazy makeup. I finally got to try out my blue eyeliner and glitter eye shadows.
7. Me staring up at the camera with the “wine” and phone for DBSK’s You’ve Got the Wrong Number. This is perhaps my favorite scene. Such perfection.
8. Synchronizing hip thrusts to Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry.
9. Making our Angry Bird Version for “Why So Serious?”. Yessssss.
9. Wearing my bedazzled tiger shirt for f(x)’s Electric Shock. Thank you night market in Taiwan.
10. My sister perfectly imitating TOP’s “such a beautiful night” from Big Bang’s Tonight.
11. Using this hat.
12. Most importantly, having an awesome time with my sister. It was a long process to put this video together and I couldn’t have done it without her. Thanks Abbie! You give great face. My expressions just can’t compare!
What do you think? What are your favorite parts?
Also, any ideas for Round 2? I’d love to do another video! BtoB’s Second Confession will definitely make an appearance. Not much beats the line “I’ll be your shoulder strap and you can be my backpack”!